December 31, 2013

Migidoll, Luts and Nobility NS comparisons and head swaps

Note: Copied from my personal blog since I posted this there before I made this doll blog :) I'm trying to put all the resin match/proportions stuff together, and there's a tag for that as well ^^

NS resin comparison plus head swaps

I got down to doing this, but the photos aren't that great, so please read what I write rather than just rely on the photos for resin match. Proportion wise, the photos are okay, even though my room is kind of too small for me to do a proper front view.
Photobucket
The heads: Migi Jina (Volks NS '09), Migi Miho (New Migi NS '12 *This was back when Migi stopped their NS-A/NS-B), SDF Bliss (Luts real skin, the more yellow kind '07)
The body: Nobility Emotional boy body (Supposed to match Volks NS '12)

*
*
*
Photobucket
Jina head on the body. Proportions are good, resin match is okay in real life, but the body photographs more pink, so overall the head looks yellower in photos. But in real life, the resin match is the best for my Jina head out of the 3 heads.

Photobucket
The only problem is that his neck hole is kind of small for the neck. This is the natural pose his head goes to if I don't yank it. It's okay if he's slouching (neck's aren't supposed to be straight, so I make him slouch, and his head, though in this position would then look like it's looking straight at you), but weird if you make him stand straight.

Photobucket
To make his head like this, there's some small gap between the head and neck which you can't see unless you take out his headcap and peer from the inside. The problem is that because of this gap, his head doesn't want to stay like this and tends to snap back to the way it is in the photo before.
*
*
*
Photobucket
Miho head on the body. Proportions are good. His neck hole is bigger so the head sits better on the body. Resin match in real life: the head is pinker, and lighter than the body. Resin match in photos: the body is pinker and lighter than the head. Basically he photographs with the resin mismatch, but opposite in photos than in real life (if you understand what I mean?). It isn't terribly obvious, but if you're picky about this, then you won't want to put a new Migi NS head on a new Nobility body.

Photobucket
In real life, the head is the shade of colour of the body in this photo, and the body is the shade of the head. Yes, it's confusing. I don't know why but the body photographs lighter than in real life.

Photobucket
His head naturally sits like this, which is better than my Jina head. Notice the gap in the head and neck. I think it's normal if you want some range of neck movement? He can turn his head better than Jina.
*
*
*
Photobucket
Bliss on the body. This is probably the only one where the resin match in photos and real life is about the same (i.e. head is yellower than body). But then again, luts realskin changes colour very often, and I have a old head (circa 07) so it's the yellower kind. Proportions are good, but you can notice his neck appears shorter than when the Migi heads are on it. SDF Bliss head has a deeper neck hole so something.

Photobucket
His head is still rather big compared to the Migi heads but I rather like that the neck is shorter. (I'm thinking if I should get Dennis a Nobility body as well, cos I really like how he looks on it.)

Photobucket
His neck hole is probably the biggest cos his head can tilt forwards, backwards and anywhere (pretty much). Probably to do with the fact that the neck hole is deeper?
*
*
*
Photobucket
And a last photo of all the resin together.
Resin match in real life: Bliss head is the yellowest, then Jina, then the body, then Miho
Resin match is photos: Bliss is still yellowest, then Jina, then Miho, than the body.
Basically Volks NS Jina and Volks NS Nobility body matches in real life but not in photos. Everything else doesn't match perfectly (maybe 85-90%).
***
And I forgot to add this yesterday, but here's a height comparison of Nat, Dennis and Gabby:
Photobucket
Left to right: Jina on Nobility body, Bliss on AA body, Lishe on delf type 3 body

No comments:

Post a Comment